T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,861 Posts
you can hear it from both sides of the machine, its seems to be coming from inside the machine if that makes any sense. could it be the printhead thats doing it?

Could be your drive motors. More likely the feed motor that brings the shirt holder tray in and out. Try loading and ejecting the tray several times and see if the humming is present.

Harry
Equipment Zone

_

· Registered
5,861 Posts
I haven't changed the printhead, it had been printing fine until the past couple of days. I will go ahead and change both the printhead along with the carriage motor.

I think your more likely cause is the carriage motor. I would first change that out to see if that solves your humming. If the printhead is printing fine then do not change it before you change the motor.

Harry
Equipment Zone

_

· Registered
5,540 Posts
This morning when i did some more printing, it started over printing and dropped alot of ink into the waste ink pad. can a bad carriage motor cause this? I think I may have a dual problem.
This could be a few things:

Humidity
Overfilling the bottles
Capping station isn't pulling ink

Can you take a pic? if the capping station

What's wrong with the printhead?

· Registered
5,540 Posts
I have the bagged ink system from belquette,
Bags maybe too high, they should be level and shouldn't be higher than the printhead. I don't know your set-up so that would be helpful to see.

the capping station is less than three months old
In DTG world, parts do not have a shelf life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.