T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, :confused:

I came home yesterday to my husband discussing with a friend on the phone about doing shirts, as he was talking I was agreeing with him that vinyl would be quicker and cheaper than screenprinting, which I don't do. After he hung up with the friend, he said they need a quote on 2500 shirts. SHOCKED of course!!! My husband doesn't work in my business. I told him that no, screenprinting would be a lot faster and cheaper than doing vinyl. Now I need to find a reputable company to do these shirts at a wholesale price and how to price from there.

Or is there another option for them? I have no idea how to even begin to think pricing on that many shirts. I know it is just going to be 3 words, 20 to 25 letters. Don't know the specifics on that.

Thanks for any and all help on this! My business is out of my home and mostly do custom and onsie-twosie type orders. I've never had to do more than a dozen or so shirts. :confused:

Michele

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Ohio, near Youngstown. We do have a company nearby that does strictly screenprinting and large quantities. Do I tell them that this is being subcontracted so they lower the price to wholesale? And how much is reasonable to add to their amount for my costs?

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Carefree,

Your situation is one we see often. I agree with all of the other posts in that nearly any screenprinter can to the job for you; but, I caution you about going on price alone when you select someone. You are going to be sending out shirts that are going to carry YOUR company's reputation with them. Visit the local shops, look at their work and get a firm commitment on delivery. Your reputation is the only one on the line! Don't sacrifice it for a few pennies a shirt.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I live in Ohio, near Youngstown. We do have a company nearby that does strictly screenprinting and large quantities. Do I tell them that this is being subcontracted so they lower the price to wholesale? And how much is reasonable to add to their amount for my costs?

Thanks again!!!
1) Yes tell them you want to establish contracting rates for their work.
2) That's up to you. 50-100% markup on their screen printing services.

I can tell you that I direct ship the shirts to my large volume contract printer, he prints, I pick up and deliver. And depending on volume and the client my markup is in that range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.