T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to press HTV on a J America hooded sweatshirt. When I go to peel off the film the vinyl is peeling up. HTV is Siser easyweed Temp on press is 305 (heat press is Hottronics auto clam) pressure is med to firm. Prepress for 3 sec then full press for 15 sec. Tried the same vinyl on another garment and everything went great.
Anyone have any issues with J America garments??

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
for hoodies i like to use a teflon pillow if there is anything but the flat material on the platen
i use a 15"x15" press so for the small and youth sizes i use a pillow,
because either the thicker hood stitching or the bottom front 'pocket' sticks up higher than the material

- pre-press for ~10 secs (don't fully press, just rest the upper platen on the garment)
- cover design with parchment and press for 12-15secs with med-firm press
- remove carrier sheet, recover with the parchment and press for another 12-15 secs
- you should see a slight embossing of the material in the vinyl
- too much of any of these variables can lead to failure of the vinyl and adhesive layers (ie. more is not always better)

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Is the fabric synthetic or nylon? HTV for cotton or cotton blend will not work with nylon. You need to use HTV for synthetic or nylon. Like Thermoflex Extra or Stalhs Gorilla Grip HTV or HTV with similar adhesive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the assistance ! Finally got it figured out. I think the extra pile on the hoodie was the issue. They were a brushed fleece hoodie 60/40 cotton poly blend. I threaded the hoodie on the platten and put a mouse pad under the design and it worked like it was supposed to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.