T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've poked around the forum and could not find this asked before. I am new to screen printed transfers, but I am wondering if this is even possible.

I'd like to use a Plastisol Transfer for a 3-colored logo on the shirt and then add personalization to the shirt in HTV. The HTV would be close enough to the Plastisol logo that it would be under the heat press when the HTV is pressed.

Has anyone done this before?

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hi Keith

Yes you can, you will have to cover the Plastisol transfer with a Teflon sheet to keep the ink from sticking to the heating element and you might get a slight shine from the Teflon sheet ( make sure the entire image is covered by both the heat press and the Teflon sheet so any shine will be consistent ). But unless you are pressing the HTV a at a lot higher temp than the transfer you will be fine...

Dan

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hi keith

Peel it as soon as you move the platen out of the way, I don't think it would matter but when I do it for tests and such I always remove the Teflon sheet as soon as I can, so I know that is OK, not sure about letting the Teflon cool down not knowing the ink formula on the transfers you are using

dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.