T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Offering flash is great for certain markets (i.e. gaming, portfolios, Design Firms....etc). But it is definitely a nono in the retail industry...as you already know. What about a hybrid of the two, with a sniffer that detects flash if its available...if not, then it just shows a static image.

If your site is 100% flash, then I would just scrap it, unless you are appealing to a certain market where you know for a fact that they all have it. Offering an HTML version is nice as well, but are you drawing both sites from the same database? If not, then it could be tedious updating both when it is only necessary to have one.

My Vote, straight HTML.

-Edit-
BTW, love your design and idea, what type of printing are you using?

· Registered
99 Posts
Weng,

I agree that both look like a portfolio site at the moment. More so the flash version than the html. Flash version is cool though, dont get me wrong...but you might find that less people are navigating to it. And the ones that do are just in it to see some cool effects.

The html version is awesome, but when you first click on it, I don't know what you're all about in the first couple seconds of visiting the site. It is a minor issue really since your theme is there. But I think it would be cool to see something that has to do with a tee shirt in the imagery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.