T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

This is my first post on here, so I'm excited to join the community!

Quick back story. I used to work at a screen printing company until it had to close its doors at the start of the COVID lockdowns last year. However, a lot of my clients still needed shirts printed and, out of necessity, I bought a cheap heat press from Amazon to start doing plastisol heat transfers from my home. Surprisingly, it lasted over a year and did a pretty good job until it finally started to bend out of shape and loose proper pressure rapidly. I made the dumb mistake of trying to buy another (but different) cheap press from amazon to replace it. Again, this was out of necessity as I had two orders waiting to be finished when my original press broke. However, this second amazon heat press was so cheaply made that I watched it start to bend and lose all pressure within a few presses. I was barely over 50 presses when it happened and, needless to say, I was mad at myself for even thinking it would work out as well as my last one. I think I got lucky with that first press.

ANYWAY, I'm wanting to bite the bullet and upgrade to a better heat press. I don't have the money to drop on some several-thousand dollar press and I'm not sure I even need one like that, because I'll eventually want to upgrade to a full screen printing machine like I was using before and just use the heat press for small labels and smoothing out prints, etc. But that is a long ways away still so I want to get a nice solid heat press that will work without question and last a long tinme.

TL/DR: I've been debating between the Heat Press Nation (HPN) Signature Series PRO and the TransPro Select Semi-Auto from ProWorld. I like that they both have the automatic release and the slide out base platen. It seems like a lot of people like both of them, so I wondered what all of you thought on these two types of presses?

I generally only do things no larger than about 12x12 so I was looking at the 15x15 sizes, but I have also been toying with the idea of getting a 16 x 20. What are the added benefits of getting a larger platen size aside from the obvious larger print area?

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
What are the added benefits of getting a larger platen size aside from the obvious larger print area?
Items are generally easier to center on a larger press.

The minute you buy a smaller press is the minute you'll get an order where you'll need a larger one. Sleeve print for example.

If both machines are comparably priced (including shipping) and similar features, then get the one with the longest warranty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello there!

This is my first post on here, so I'm excited to join the community!

Quick back story. I used to work at a screen printing company until it had to close its doors at the start of the COVID lockdowns last year. However, a lot of my clients still needed shirts printed and, out of necessity, I bought a cheap heat press from Amazon to start doing plastisol heat transfers from my home. Surprisingly, it lasted over a year and did a pretty good job until it finally started to bend out of shape and loose proper pressure rapidly. I made the dumb mistake of trying to buy another (but different) cheap press from amazon to replace it. Again, this was out of necessity as I had two orders waiting to be finished when my original press broke. However, this second amazon heat press was so cheaply made that I watched it start to bend and lose all pressure within a few presses. I was barely over 50 presses when it happened and, needless to say, I was mad at myself for even thinking it would work out as well as my last one. I think I got lucky with that first press.

ANYWAY, I'm wanting to bite the bullet and upgrade to a better heat press. I don't have the money to drop on some several-thousand dollar press and I'm not sure I even need one like that, because I'll eventually want to upgrade to a full screen printing machine like I was using before and just use the heat press for small labels and smoothing out prints, etc. But that is a long ways away still so I want to get a nice solid heat press that will work without question and last a long tinme.

TL/DR: I've been debating between the Heat Press Nation (HPN) Signature Series PRO and the TransPro Select Semi-Auto from ProWorld. I like that they both have the automatic release and the slide out base platen. It seems like a lot of people like both of them, so I wondered what all of you thought on these two types of presses?

I generally only do things no larger than about 12x12 so I was looking at the 15x15 sizes, but I have also been toying with the idea of getting a 16 x 20. What are the added benefits of getting a larger platen size aside from the obvious larger print area?

If I was gonna buy a new 15x15 press, I would buy this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a HPN 15x15 auto open signature series and its great, temp is a little off but that's it. Have a trans pro hat press that is great too. problem with it is no platen fits a hat correctly, but i think that's with all of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts