T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I have a HP Z5600 printer and I am using it for other application right now, but I also want to use it for T-shirts.

It is a pigment ink printer and I am thinking of using it with JPSS for T-shirts.

Whether I will be able to produce commercial quality T-shirts?
How many wash I can expect?
How will be the Quality (look and feel)?

Please also mention if there is anything which I need to consider or pay attention too.

I request all the senior members to please help me with my queries.

I also have a Graphtec FC8600 for cutting.

Link to printer : HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer | HP® India

·
Registered
245 Posts
you will never produce commercial quality T-shirts with a pigment ink from any printer.
You have to do screen printing. DTG or Plastisol heat transfers

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
you will never produce commercial quality T-shirts with a pigment ink from any printer.
You have to do screen printing. DTG or Plastisol heat transfers
Not true. :rolleyes:

JPSS and pigment inks on white tshirts produce near sublimation quality tshirts. I have sold thousands of them.

No hand or background after the first wash and last as long as the blank tshirt would.

FAKE NEWS LOL

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Hi

I have a HP Z5600 printer and I am using it for other application right now, but I also want to use it for T-shirts.

Great printer, really overkill for tshirts but if you already have one why not.

It is a pigment ink printer and I am thinking of using it with JPSS for T-shirts.

Whether I will be able to produce commercial quality T-shirts?

Yes on white tshirts JPSS will have no hand after the first wash and won't show background outline if applied correctly.

How many wash I can expect?

No limit, your basic garment will get worn out before the transfer will.

Ove time you will see some "piling" wich is fuzzy thread breaks, not a transfer issue, all tshirts do this. It shows more in the printed area.

How will be the Quality (look and feel)?

See above. No hand and background after the first wash on white tshirts.

Please also mention if there is anything which I need to consider or pay attention too.

I request all the senior members to please help me with my queries.

I also have a Graphtec FC8600 for cutting.

Link to printer : HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer | HP® India
I marked up in your questions above.

BTW people that come in here and bash this stuff are spreading bad information. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newbie here and to t-shirt printing. I am presently working my way through threads here and making notes. I will focus on children's apparel (applying my designs to bodysuits and t-shirts). I noted you mentioned his current printer as being overkill for t-shirts (sounds like a really nice one!). Would you mind recommending a quality printer, preferred ink, heat press, and heat transfer paper? Sorry, I know it's a lot. I have seen bundles offering various printers/paper/presses, but want to be sure I'm investing in the right equipment.

Thanks so much!
Kelli

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I am a newbie here and to t-shirt printing. I am presently working my way through threads here and making notes. I will focus on children's apparel (applying my designs to bodysuits and t-shirts). I noted you mentioned his current printer as being overkill for t-shirts (sounds like a really nice one!). Would you mind recommending a quality printer, preferred ink, heat press, and heat transfer paper? Sorry, I know it's a lot. I have seen bundles offering various printers/paper/presses, but want to be sure I'm investing in the right equipment.

Thanks so much!
Kelli
Yes that printer is very nice.

Most of us use 13 x19 Epson 4 color. I have a pigment HP that is 13 x 19 I like. Only a few HPs are all pigment though.

I use Cobra inks and JPSS.

I have 2 G Knight presses and 1 Hix 2 of then are 16 x 20, these presses are expensive but very good quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts