T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been using the water based HP cart. , but i have problems with bleeding on the backside of the design [inside the shirt] after a wash......someone told me stop using water based and use oil based inks.....is this true, and do they make oil based for HP's

should i just buy a used / new EPSON....is that the best printer for out-of-home tshirt making ?

which heat transfer paper is the best for a heat press ?

which heat press is the best for starting out & cheep too ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello, the only time I have seen "bleeding through a shirt that was washed was when too much ink was applied. We only print transfers a 360dpi on our epson printers.

In my opinion, Epson printers are the way to go, however so far I am not too happy with the new Dura-brite ink they are offering..

As far a the transfer paper, we use the inkjet transfer paper from RPL supplies.

We use two different presses for our t-shirts, a 15"x15" Hix clamshell and a 16"x20" Knight swing away. The Hix press is only about $650.00 us.

To me the press is as important as the ink and paper you use. No point in printing perfect transfers only to ruin them in your press.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"too much ink".....

oh i can set the ink level on my printer, never tried it, but i was told it was because of the "water based" inks im using in the HP.

i'll try turning down the ink output an see what happens...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts