T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howsit everybody

My name is Derek from sunny South Africa (though its winter now)

I have a website called www.createtshirtdesigns.com.

Looking forward to this forum...I love design and t shirts as a medium to express myself.

Cool
Derek

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Angel

Here in SA, we have the whole spectrum of printing, litho, silkscreening, transfers, colour etc.

We also have large printing places as well as small local printers that can print within 24hours.

How is it like in your country?

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Most of us use the line table system but manual rotaries are not that uncommon. Some larger and export oriented printers use automatic rotaries. A few have DTG printers. Heat transfers are also common.

Line table setups are not only cheap to make or DIy but have their advantages. Some shops with rotary presses add line table setups to their operation. Line tables excel where regular waterbased inks are used. I use 4 desktop line table system due to space limitation.

What ink is more popular in SA? waterbased or plastisol? Hope to see some of your setups.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Angel

Wow you have alot of experience in the printing side.

To be honest, I am not too clued up on the printing side of t shirts.
I have printed a few my self but not a size like you mentioned.
Most of my shirts I outsource to printers so I can focus more on what I am good at...the design and creative side.

Thats where I am passionate.

Do you have enjoy the design side?

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
I've been printing many many years ago but my experience on the printing side is actually limited. Used to print as a hobby then as a sideline mostly school logos but outsourced the exposure of screens and concentrated only in the printing.

Started outsourcing and retailing shirts last year but after a while, got fed up with their inconsistencies and got involved in the entire process only about December 2009.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.