T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

My name is Joe, and I've been interested in getting into the direct to garment field. I've been searching around the web, and found this website to be a wealth of information. I've been trying to gather info to make an informed descision on which printer to purchase, as well as the shortcomings involved with this type of printing.

Needless to say, I'm quite excited with the potential that DTG has to offer. On the downside, I'm located in Hawaii; so it's gonna be a bit more difficult for me in terms of seeing the machines in action and whatnot. Nevertheless, I'm motivated to pursue this dream, but I want to do it cautiously...

I look forward to not only getting info from this forum, but to also contribute when I can.

Aloha,
Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome Tom, I appreciate it. I took a look at your sbemedia website and loved your virtual models! I myself have experience with CG, as I am a 3D artist by trade (I use Maya), and hope to incorporate some CG renders into the images I print out (when I finally do get my machine... heh heh).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Maya's good, but have you checked out the new release on www.blender.org a ton of new functionality, even outside of the traditional t-shirt usage, I think you'll like it, plus for those outside of the real 'technical' field will like that it's an open source software with much of the same functions and capabilities

1 - 4 of 4 Posts