T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Chicago,I just like to say 'Howdy'. Anyways this is a great site,and I'm a newbie with a couple of ?'s.For now, I'd just like some opinions on where to start. Should I start a new website,which I'd like to do, but know nothing about. Or should I start some thing at Cafe Press or Print Mojo(any opinions between the two) and eventually build my own website.I know a guy who knows a guy who can do the website. If I do my own I know there will be more procedures(which I won't mind) but more profits. So any answers or help would be greatly appreciated....My first post,....well I'm in it now!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Kevin4, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

My best advice on getting started is to just "get started". Sometimes the hardest part is taking the first step :)

Any of the fulfillment services listed on this site are good. CafePress is great for "Print on Demand", PrintMojo uses screen printing and embroidery, so the inventory must be preordered (prepaid).

So basically you just have to weigh the pros and cons and see which one will work best for your business plan.

You can also go to your local screen printer and have shirts made, then have the friend of a friend build a website for you. You'll still need hosting and ecommerce payment capabilities, but you'll be able to handle all aspects of the business yourself (if you're a do-it-yourselfer).

Either way, you're in the right place to get your questions answered...so I guess you've already taken a good first step :D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The easiest recommendation would be to start with a fulfillment shop and then use some profits from that + nest egg + knowledge of best selling shirts and start having them made yourself later (either made yourself through heat press you purchase or getting a local screen printer to make them up). In addition to selling online, you might consider local events such as fairs/festivals and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts