T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 tees - Charcoal in color with Green & White Imprint on front and back.

How would you set up your screens and print. The white and green touches on front. The white and green do NOT touch on the back of the shirt.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'd print the white through a 156, with the entire design in white, and print/flash/print, then overprint the green with anything from a 195 up to a 305 with a trap of 1/3 of a point and a print stroke that touches the underbase without pressing so hard that it wants to drive the trap into the shirt outside the underbase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
20 tees - Charcoal in color with Green & White Imprint on front and back.

How would you set up your screens and print. The white and green touches on front. The white and green do NOT touch on the back of the shirt.

Thanks!!!
I would do my best to butt the colors on the front, and gap the colors on the back. Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd print the white through a 156, with the entire design in white, and print/flash/print, then overprint the green with anything from a 195 up to a 305 with a trap of 1/3 of a point and a print stroke that touches the underbase without pressing so hard that it wants to drive the trap into the shirt outside the underbase.
I, too, enjoy laying down a layer of white ink through 156 mesh and then printing the colors through higher mesh counts and with trapped colors.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have a recurring job with small text that overprints a white underbase. I've trapped it with about a 1/3 point, with the stroke centered on the path (meaning the trap is really about 1/6 point) but it's enough to overlap the underbase just enough so that it I print my overprint lightly, the ink just touches the underbase without hitting the surrounding fabric, and looks great. It's the only way I've found to trap some really fine lines without the overprint plugging up details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts