T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,039 Posts
Why would you print black 1st? We almost always print black last.
I agree with Neato. Black first because gold shimmer may stick to the black as it is a thicker ink. Gold shimmer last because it will also help make it brighter (If you did the gold first and black last, the black screen can potentially lift some gold shimmer off + gold shimmer is a thicker ink so it will be harder for you to get complete coverage on the black.)

Sometimes the darker ink goes first, it just depends on the design.

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this is a simple two color job. Just wanted to hear how some of you would print. First time for me to use shimmer. I would have printed black last because its what I've learned. (Darkest color last).

Would you add a trap?

Black+flash+gold?

Wet on wet?

Thanks guys.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
i would print a in this order.

gold
flash
gold
flash
black
dryer

Huh? You would p/f/p on white shirts? Only one hit should be necessary.

I'd print the black first in this case because it's not being used as an outline and you could (with tight registration) print wet one wet. If you print the gold first, it'll stick to the screen, and if you have to flash it, it'll take longer to flash.

Printing the black last is a great idea on a lot of prints, but not necessarily on this one.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Hellow all,
im new in this forum, i just look into this theread, and want to ask you guys how to print t-shirt like in desigbyhumans.com example this one..

[media]http://www.designbyhumans.com/products/full/15610_18_1.jpg[/media]

thank you in advance
Oversized, Nine Color Softhand Plastisol, Front Print

· Registered
133 Posts
Hellow all,
im new in this forum, i just look into this theread, and want to ask you guys how to print t-shirt like in desigbyhumans.com example this one..

[media]http://www.designbyhumans.com/products/full/15610_18_1.jpg[/media]

thank you in advance

That print is probably done with 6 screens... maximum... would be wasteful with 9 screens.

Good Separations is the key to getting a quality halftone job along with burning the screens properly and using the right mesh.

· Registered
910 Posts
That print is probably done with 6 screens... maximum... would be wasteful with 9 screens.

Good Separations is the key to getting a quality halftone job along with burning the screens properly and using the right mesh.
maybe its my computer moniter, but I only see 4 colors in this design. White, black, and two shades of blue

· Registered
133 Posts
maybe its my computer moniter, but I only see 4 colors in this design. White, black, and two shades of blue
Some of the "black" might also be dark gray... then you have the underbase (Flash) screen... which would make it 6 screens... that would be the MAXIMUM number of screens that should be used to print that.

You can use just Underbase, 1 blue, 1 black, 1 white for the design.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.