T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was curious how you would print this image. Is this a 4 color process job with a white under base or could this be done with simulated process?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. We only have a 4 color press so we were wondering if we could do simulated process with this. What colors were you thinking yellow, orange, white?

·
Registered
71 Posts
With a 4 color manual, there is no possible way to do a 4cp. That job would be a minimum of 5 screens with the white. In my shop it would be 4 screens for the 4cp 2 for the whites and at least 2 spot colors. in simulated, i think it could be 6 to 8 colors also. it would be possible with 4 colors, white, yellow, some kind of red, and black for the detail in the bottle. If you have time, try different colors and seps. Good luck

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
on a dark ground you could possibly get away with process printing without using cyan (i believe all the colors/tones/shades in this design could be produced with just black,yellow and magenta on a white under base) you would need to print flash print flash the under base for a bright white, this would give a strong hand feel tho.

Simulated process would be good but i think you could achieve more color tones using process for this design.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is possible that this might be printed using an under, a white, and a yellow and using the shirt color to enhance the effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts