T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
How would you make rough texture for screen printing

If you mean visually rough, use an appropriate mesh and stencil to hold the necessary detail. Tight screen, sharp squeegee, ink etc.

For tactile roughness High Density could work well particularly with higher detail. Puffs expand and tend to close detail. HD expands up and not so much out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check out the brush pallets in Photoshop. There are many textures. Find one that has random texture. Use a big brush.
Fill one with this random brush texture. Then you can transform and stretch the painted image for grooves in wood shingles, or find one that looks like asphalt, (they have one).
Knock these out of the solid art in the shingle area by highlighting the layer with the texture. Hold down the CRTL key and click the thumbnail. Then with the marching ants around your texture highlight the logo layer and hit delete. You can have two logo layers one texture one solid. Erase what you don't want, or use masks to isolate texture from the lettering if you want the lettering solid and the shingles textured.

Alan Buffington

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have used that font for a design. Just use 156 mesh and use hi opacity ink. Hi opacity ink will lay down thicker than standard plastisol and will give you a slightly raised effect with that font. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by texture.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont believe its an original texture. Its a font. Look at the "same" letters in the name and the texture is exactly the same on each. I dont know the name of the font but I would go to dafont.com and search through their free fonts. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't make it harder than what it may seem. The font was not altered. It's just find the font. Search sketched fonts and you should find it. I printed that font before. Use clear film to make your positives. You will pick up the detail from the font. Stop worrying and go print some shirts. Post an image when you finish them. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the cold hard truth.
Sorry if I sounded harsh. I know it's important to get a push to get over hurdles. But, this not that hard. It might not be that easy either. I know what it's like to worry about how I am going to print to this when you get something from a customer. I am not able to do everything that a customer wants because, I may not have the tools or skills sometimes. They usually don't want to pay for it anyway. It was just a nudge in the positive direction. I am still learning and have a far way to go. I just picked up a print job where they want me to print from a low-res scan of a hand drawing with thin lines and shading. So, I have a yet another hurdle to get over. Each time we just build our skills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.