T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was just wondering how I would go about printing something like this with the design going onto the sleeves. I know I'll need an oversized screen, but does anyone make a platen that can hold the sleeves out like that? I know I could go to a belt printer, but most companies have high minimum orders and I will only need like 10 shirts. Thanks for any info.
-Brian

·
Registered
861 Posts
you'll have to make a custom platton, shaped like the print area. You can do this rather easily, getting the wood at home depot or the like, and then wrap it with contact paper. for the bracket you could swap out with one on your standard plattons.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Action Engineering makes a pallet like that but I think they are $700-$800 each. The sleeve part of the boards rotate so that you can load a shirt then swing them into place for printing. That's the hard part. Once you have your shirt printed it's hard to get the shirt off the board without smearing the ink. You could flash it first but that's hard to do with a really big image. Also, I find waterbase and discharge easier to print over seams than plastisol. Good Luck with your project.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Uhm, i think you should built your own pallet, print with plastisol (waterbased inks will dry a lat faster on a screen of that size) and dry it using a thermal gun, not with your flash cure unit. You could also dry only the sleeves parts and make it easier to take off the shirt from the pallet.
good look, if you're gonna get at the end of this job post a picture of the final printed shirt!
Paolo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts