T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i've been screenprinting for a little over 8 months and learning every day that i dont jack about all there is to know in this trade. i need some help. how would i print this? i created it in psd. have a.i. but dont know my way around it. do not have rip software either. please help and walk me through the process. thank you
brandon
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15776&stc=1&d=1280984266

Attachments

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive never done cymk before and i've heard if you havent it will be difficult. i need a shirt that pops and looks good and i need to make a little money on it ya know. so doing spot color on this one is more difficult?

· Registered
737 Posts
Keep it simple, 2 screens. Get rid of black halftone on text. White, flash, yellow/green (blend print sideways).
I like what he said ^

The only thing with split-fountain printing is you have to use guides to make sure your squeege passes in the same exact path of print every single time or it will get messy. Also the shirts won't look all the same. Also eventually the yellow and green with blend togehter to make a blue. So some shirts will have the green . yellow blend. Then later some shirts will have a green > blue > yellow blend.

Just find out from the customer if it is important for every shirt to look exactly the same. Since it's a sports team, (all people wearing the same shirts will be at the same location at the same time), I might think they want all shirts to look exactly the same.
But find out!
Ken

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you guys are funny! i've got 150 to print so i'm not sure if the old school method is the way to go. and i'm sure they will want all the shirts the same. keep those suggestions coming though. i'm learning a lot. thanks

· Registered
358 Posts
that sounds like this would work. 4 colors making the yellow solid and gradiant the green. any other thoughts on it? thanks guys!
I would also ask the client if the beveled edge is needed. Without That it will help with keeping the colors bright without laying black on top.
And if you are good at halftoning the white underlay, you might not need the black screen. Use the shirt color (if black).

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont think they'll care about the beveled edges. i'm still pretty new to this and am not good @ half-toning. i'm wondering if there is somewhere i can get someone to print transparencies for me on this project. i think that would help me tremendously! anyone know people that do that in tx?

· Registered
9,864 Posts
The image is actually simple to recreate with or without the bevels. The font also looks like copperplate so no need for artwork there.

Must the green and yellow shades be exact or consistent or is it simply to create some colors. I am not sure on this but has anyone tried printing with 2 colored inks, with some blending between (Like green on the upper part and yellow on the lower half for the image above)? Or maybe transparent blue and yellow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.