T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,

Though I'm unsure of your lingo - meaning water or discharge? I'm new to this process. The company I'm currently, dealing with, they've done another design for me, however, the outcome is not as vivid as the original image - I guess I just need to know of a service, and maybe you can email me this information, that produce something like the graphic I have attached in this thread, and make it as much like the original graphic as possible...maybe I'm currently with the wrong service...again, I'm new to this field.

James

· Registered
166 Posts
I can't imagine screenprinting doing that effectively due to the gradients, but then again I'm not a screen printer and by no means know for sure. If you print this on a shirt at all, I'd remove the black outline so it doesn't look like a movie poster printed on a shirt. I always try to stay away from box designs myself when designing.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Greetings,

I attached an image in question. How will this look on a shirt...in terms of it coming out as close as possible to what I've designed. And which process would work bes

[media]http://www.soulfultees.com/samples/shrinestamp.jpg[/media]

Thanks.
Jay:)
Nice design. And the black outline I think is due to the cropping. It's supposed to be a stamp on black background, right?

It can come out great as a screen print with an experienced printer. And "gradients" should pose no particular problem with said printer. I would suggest having it done as an Index print. You'll get other viable suggestions. Generally with with Index printing
the more print color capability, the more accurately images can be reproduced.

Index Separation Method for Screen Printing

Index Color Separations for Screen Printing by Scott Fresener |

I always suggest designers and artist read, study and familiarize themselves with ALL methods of image reproduction whether it's personal but especially for works for hire.
The economics of such is always critical. More involved images can be a bit more costly to screen print smaller quantities than say DTG (Direct To Garment) but more cost effective with larger runs, for example. The charge to separate/prepare for screen printing may be cost prohibitive but not so for DTG. Your or a prospective client's budget and end use should always be a consideration from the beginning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.