T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
I dont really understand how youd do it?how you mean four colours?i thought it was just black and white halftoned ?how would you I do it? sorry ..please explain ive being trying to find this out for weeks..i feel you can help.ill be eternally gratefull.....!!thanks

· Registered
71 Posts
ok im almost there! i just need to know 3 more things!

1.How would you go about distinguishing the grey tones and then sperating them in to layers from the artwork?

2. would each grey layer be bitmapped, if so what kind(duffusiojn dither etc)
and finally

3.what resoultion would the bitmaps be to get such fine details?
thanks ..thats it im done thanks for you patience

· Registered
119 Posts
I am a graphic designer, specializing in tshirts for the last 10 years I think I can shed a little light on this for you.

Fist off I can only guess without looking at the file but here goes. This is probably a 1 color front, 2 color back. They had to pay a lot for that full front pallet so I am guessing they wouldn't be paying for 3 of them.

That one color image was probably output at 50 lpi and put on a high mesh screen.

Lastly, and this is a really common trick, that is probably a photo of a kid in a black shirt with the art file blended to the photo in pshop. This is pretty easy to do, most of the big catalogs do it all the time. That will make the image look better on your monitor that it probably does in real life.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.