T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Re: How up to date is this book?

How To Print...is the book to get.
I bought it several years ago and read it twice. It's very handy and a real quick read too. It'll make you feel like an expert before you even coat your first screen...and what is it now, like 30 bucks? Knowing what I've learned from that book, I would have easily paid 50, 60 or 100 bucks for it. IMO, it's the only book/source you need on the subject.
I worked nights and would read this book during my lunch breaks. Other people started asking to borrow it and because of how easily it details the apparel business, they all started doing it too.
Get the book now and by "now" I mean yesterday.

· Registered
65 Posts
actually it just got updated this year. It now includes a DTG section. I read the original. It's ok Scott Fresner the author refers to it as the bible of screenprinting. I wouldn't go that far but it has a lot of useful information. Oh yea he also refers to his business as the screenprinting institute. I guess you can't blame him for being a little over the top with the self promotion. He also has some ok dvds for designing and separating with the different software titles. goodluck

· Registered
391 Posts
Bought one this year. Great book. I especially liked how easy it was to understand what he was talking about. Also has a great resource listing in the back.

Great book. Can you live and learn all you need to know about screenprinting without it? Yes. Look it up on the internet. But, I wouldn't sell my copy of this book just for the ease of having it all right there to quickly look it up.

Hope this helps!

Craig

· Registered
2,907 Posts
I purchased the 2008 version this year and it was a good read. Did I learn anything new...yes it clarified a few things. Could I have found this information anywhere esle...yes I could have and to be honest I actually found most this information online and on the TSF before purchasing the book. For the beginner that wants it all in one place it's great, but for a person that don't mind searching for the info, be patient and searching other tools will get you the same info... in other words don't waste your money.

The resources can all be found here on TSF
The plans can also be found here or online which is where I found mine long beofre I bought the book.
It had too much self-promotion and to much selling as the previous poster stated but once you move all the bloat out of the way the book can be helpful.

Veedub3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.