T-Shirt Forums banner

How do you lay t-shirts on the platen?

• Collar is away from you, both sides of shirt on platen.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Collar is closest to you, one side of shirt on platen, other side under platen.

Votes: 5 33.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the platen on some heat presses allow you to load shirts the same as you do when screen printing. I'm curious, how many people lay the shirt completely on the platen so the imprint is read right side up and how many people lay the shirt screen print style.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I prefer to tread the shirt like in screen printing gives me more potions and the shirt is in the same place every time. I use a Hotronix Fusion not cheap but excellent press.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My old Geoknight 394 type threads the shirt collar away from the operator. For kid's shirts I just lay flat with both sides on the press. I love being able to thread the press though. I think I get better results but if I do have to press both together I'll up the pressure by 5lbs or so just to compensate. There's no question for my press in this poll :-(

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Is it a clam or swinger? Does it look like the silver ones on their website? Stahls is telling me u can load shirts on the STX clamshells screen print style but it doesnt look possible.
It's a 16x20 clam. You can try, they almost go but it's awkward because of the supports under the bottom platen. The new ones may be redesigned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.