T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so I'm just trying to figure out how to warp a text to have it look like so:

I can't find anything under the "warp" tool on Photoshop that does this particular type of warping. Anybody have an idea?

EDIT: Would it be an "arc lower" and "arc upper" warping tool effect? Or is there a better way? I just tried again and it seems that it looks pretty similar.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Eddie's suggestion is the easiest way, sounds like you already found the warp text dialog, so just go there, select Bulge, even though the icon looks like it's going outwards if you slide the bulge to a negative like eddie suggested, it'll go inwards like you see.

If it wasn't in text form (IE, you Rasterize the type), you could essentially do it yourself using the grid based warp (Edit->Transform->Warp) and dragging the top center rectangle down and the bottom center rectangle up until you're satisfied. Sometimes trying to keep it straight and precise is a bit of a chore that way though.

· Registered
769 Posts
In Illustrator, you can apply -15 to NEW YORK in the bulge effect, or some other negative number that gives you the effect that you want, and then apply +15 to CITY in arch (or the corresponding positive number from your bulge). Center and you should be good to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.