T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I just want to add upon what BobbieLee has said above. If you want to compare the results from one company to another, you should make sure that all of the following is the same:
- Use the same type / style of shirt from the same manufacturer
- Use the same graphic and don't let anyone tweak it.
- Use the same printing resolutions.
- If it is a light shirt, choose whether to use pretreatment or not...but both of them do the same process.

In order to do this, I would strongly recommend going to see the distributors or manufacturers either at their business or at a trade show and bring your own shirts that you like to use. The fabric can make all the difference in how a print holds up in the wash. If you can't go in person, then send the shirts to the distributors and ask them to print on them with specific settings.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Another thing I'd like to know is what machine did DTG use to print these, was it a Kiosk, HM-1, Eclipse, Bullet?

Really what I see is the difference in print engine, the blazer is based on the Epson 4800 now correct?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am not sure what bearing the engine has on print quality or wash fastness?
Why would the engine not have an impact on the quality? As for the wash fastness, it comes down to like zhenjie said, possibly droplet size?

In theory, if both the DTG and T-Jet were based on the same print engine and using the same Ink set such as Dupont then the print quality and wash fastness should be the same. The only other variables would be the rip and the print operator.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Why would the engine not have an impact on the quality?
I have 2200, 2400, and 4800 based DTG's. With the same inks, the iproof RIP, and me as operator, there is no discernable difference in print quality. They all look great. They all run on very similar technology. I understand the speed and drop size difference, however the RIP optimizes each one for optimal output. IMHO, based on ownership of several Epson based DTG's the print engine has no readily discenable visible quality difference.

I would like to hear from others that have seen a difference in quality between properly tuned and operated Epson based printers. They are all photo quality.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Iproof does not make the tjet RIP. The kiosk RIP is for the 2200 print engine, so can be used with a tjet.

I was simply responding to the print engine statement. One 2200 based machine can print soooo much better than another, if the RIP, user and ink set is different, but that has nothing to do with the engine.

·
Banned
877 Posts
Yes iProof does make MultiRIP GP and NO as it does not get issued wih a T-Jet, It is also a RIP that is currently not made to run a Epson 2200, a 2400 or a 7800.
Dan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
No offense Dave, but it is more friendly to use than yours. No dongle, can use on 3 computers for the same price as one, can run more than one machine without having to pay a ridiculous upgrade fee, an actual ink cost indicator (yours may have this now, but did not when I was using it), and better state side support (at least in my experience). Your support on the forums has always been great Dave, but you are not always available to the individual user, and they must rely on their dealer or US Screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone out there have the T-3 with the upgrade. I took my T-3 for matinance and upgrade in Sept 08 and still have no report on the machine. Poor service form day 1. Purchased in July 2007. Never any training, never follow up calls after they got my money, never felt so taken in my business life. Most calls to US Screen were good at helping sort out issues however they still don't have answer for my machine bed slamming while loading. Usually happens after about 15-30 prints, then has to be shut down for about an hour. Inks drops falling at the worst time's. I've sold shirts and made money but my time spent on trouble-shooting has cost me thousands.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts