T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have samples sent from T-jet and DTG. I have conducted wash sample tests and have pictures of the results. Is it possible to upload pics to this forum or do they have to be linked. There are quite a few! The results are interesting~~~

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Use the advanced tab, under advanced options use manage attachments. The pics have to be sized correctly as well.

You should also realize that wash samples from the different Epson based printers only show the aptitude of the person doing the prints, not the abilities of the machine. You could swap the two operators and get exactly mirrored results.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You cannot go wrong with the Brother, great machine, however, I needed to be able to due darks, and the ability for the Epson based printers to print at about 1/2 the ink price on light shirts kept me from buying the Brother.

·
Administrator
13,991 Posts
You should also realize that wash samples from the different Epson based printers only show the aptitude of the person doing the prints, not the abilities of the machine. You could swap the two operators and get exactly mirrored results.
Yes, but you would hope if you are getting samples directly from the manufacturer / distributor that they would be done optimally. :)

·
Banned
487 Posts
Joe you said the magic word "hoped", they have different people doing the printing, some times its the salesman sometime someone else with maybe more experience. I know this because sample I had sent weren't as good as sample I got at a local show!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I conducted wash tests on samples obtained from DTG and T-jet. For

professionalism i won't mention names or countries.

The wash conditions were as follows:
1. 30 C
2. 30 min cycle
3. 2-3 grams of standard wash detergent
4. economy wash, so very little water used.

The first 5 wash tests were washed then dried, by air, then pics taken.
6-10 washes were not dried in between washes. After washes they were dried and

pics taken.

The sample pics were chosen to reflect colours(blue, red, green/brown yellow). The

text was to test an alternative to screen printing when printing funny slogans. The

sunflower for photo quality and the others for vector style graphics. Apart from the

sunflower which i googled, so thanks to whoever posted that, i designed the

graphics.

I tried to take the pics at the same time of day, but some pics the white balance, i

think, is off, so whites appear a little blu-ish. the whites are very white still.

The first set is from DTG. A white and black T-shirt sample.

Wash 1:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts