T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an artist working on a % based commision per design, what would be the best way to ensure him/her that they are getting paid for every design that sells? or would it be more of a trust agreement between the company and the artist?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Really, there is no way. Just form a contract with the designer. Its all about trust. Personally as a designer, I always give my clients 100% trust and it is adjusted as time goes on. I trust some people more than others. Contracts, although not cheat-proof, give you and them an extra layer of protection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You will have to trust. I recommend finding another way to get paid, because a "trust agreement" only benefits the one holding the cash...which is not you. Who is selling your designs? Or rather, what kind of business is selling them? Is it a guy? A store? Online?

R.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I work with many artists and I send them a release contract to approve. I send them any information they need about the company so there is no trust issue. As far as letting them know how many shirts of their designs have sold, I could add a counter for online sales. Or take a screenshot of the payment made if it's in paypal or online banking. Keeping the artist informed of every step helps build a good relationship but since the printer can easily print more of the shirts and sell them in local stores or where ever, there's always a sense of mistrust. The thought of being sued and loosing a business over something like that will keep most printers honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts