T-Shirt Forums banner

How to thank your customers

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  LYFE9 
#1 ·
:) Hello to all
I know this may sound crazy. I would like to thank my customers in some way when they order. I would like to hit my customers who reorder with us. I know in this economy it is ruff on everyone. I just thought it would be nice. Do you have any ideas and have you ever done this.
thanks tonya:D

#2 ·
Hey Tonya. I have recently started making it my practice to email each customer thanking them for their order. Since my company is in its infancy stage this is relatively easy. I include a paid invoice for their order as a PDF and I personalize each email, being sure to include some humor related to the shirt/shirts that they purchased. It has worked out well for me thus far and several customers have even written me back. It's not a product or extra items based thank you but it serves a purpose nonetheless.

Good luck!

#3 ·
think about a time when you bought a product and got a little something extra and told yourself wow that was nice, or wow cool, or something that made you like the brand or want to buy from the company again and that should give you a little idea. any little thing counts. and be sure to always try to meet your customers need in the best of your abilty or show that your are trying to meet their needs.

for example, my printer which is also my t-shirt supplier gave my a free tote bag with their company name on it when i received my first order. i found this very useless to me but i told myself hey its free and if i get use out of it only once in my whole lifetime than this little gift would have been worth it. i found that this was a great way for my printer to keep me happy and keep coming back BUT.. i have sent a few emails to this printing company now to get a bit more information on future orders and surprinsingly enought they havent answered my emails for about 2weeks now which is making doubt my desicion about purchasing something from them again. anyways thats just my little experience.

#5 ·
We thank our customers by including with their order something special, like the last tee shirt order we did was 25 shirts with custom artwork we created, we modified the artwork and made them a dye-sub license plate for their vehicle, not only did we get a thank you for the gift but a promise to order some with their next shirt order.

We do this with orders of $200 and above, it might be a decal, or key chain, license plate, mug, anything we can make to show them we appreciate their business and possibly build another order....it does work.

Hope this helps.

#6 ·
Before I got into the screen printing business, I ordered a couple shirts from Choice Shirts. When the t-shirts came and I started digging through the box, I found a little note with a single Swedish Fish. I don't exactly remember why it was there but I think it was the owners favorite candy or something like that and they wanted to share that enjoyment with their customers. In my opinions, something random and simple like that really catches the customers interest.

#7 ·
I just bought some really weird and random stuff from a flee market. I found little plastic thingys like tiny army soldiers, spinney tops, and some more cool things. I plan to wash them off and give them randomly to people who buy a shirt from me. (The whole bag was $5 but it was a big!)

#9 ·
yeah i suppose random stuff would also work to make the customer remember your company better but im not sure that sending a little toy soldier from the flea market is a very good way to say thanks for buying my products. i would actually find it a little weird finding that along with my t-shirt, just my opinion

#10 ·
Don't forget the power of a handwritten thank you note. We bought note cards from a stationary supply company and printed them ourselves with our logo or a design that related to our company. The can be sent with orders or just used as thank you notes, congratulations notes, or whatever you want them to be. Fewer and fewer people are writing handwritten notes each year, so they have more impact. It only has to be a few sentences, but people do remember getting the notes.

#13 ·
i like to always email my customers a short thank you note..and i always carry there order to the car for them... once in a while if i have any $1 canvas totes i will print there design on a tote for them. I always place it at the bottom of the box...nice little surprise..the key is to never appear to busy for your customer treat them like they are the only customer in the world...better yet treat them like you want to be treated.

#15 ·
Hi

I always enclose a fridge magnet as I find you can't have too many fridge magnets; they have so many uses. As than kous I have recieved personal notes as well as follow up emails but the one that sticks in my mind is a little lip chap stick that I recieved once that had the company detiails printed on it. Everyone loves getting something for nothing, even if it is little thing like a chap stick.

Kim

#17 ·
Keep in mind a good thank you is really just a marketing ploy.
Sending a meaningless trinket MIGHT get some buzz going, but it probably won't.

You want to either entice the buyer to come back for more OR to end up spreading the word to others who will buy.

Coupon codes, either percentage off or BOGO
Another shirt, either one with just your logo or a discontinued design (could be cool to include a letter/flier saying to share with a friend)
Stickers, ESPECIALLY good if you're selling to school age kids or extreme sports kids. School kids put stickers on every single notebook or folder they have, and extreme sports kid will put it on their helmet/bike/skateboard/whatever...all meaning OTHER kids in your demographic will see it.

Whatever you do, pay attention to your demographic. What would they want? Middle aged women aren't going to want stickers, teenagers trying to be cool aren't going to want little toys.

#18 ·
Keep in mind a good thank you is really just a marketing ploy.
Sending a meaningless trinket MIGHT get some buzz going, but it probably won't.

You want to either entice the buyer to come back for more OR to end up spreading the word to others who will buy.

Coupon codes, either percentage off or BOGO
Another shirt, either one with just your logo or a discontinued design (could be cool to include a letter/flier saying to share with a friend)
Stickers, ESPECIALLY good if you're selling to school age kids or extreme sports kids. School kids put stickers on every single notebook or folder they have, and extreme sports kid will put it on their helmet/bike/skateboard/whatever...all meaning OTHER kids in your demographic will see it.

Whatever you do, pay attention to your demographic. What would they want? Middle aged women aren't going to want stickers, teenagers trying to be cool aren't going to want little toys.
all good ideas but i dont think people who are just starting up can afford to give a free shirt. it doesent leave much room for profit. just saying

#21 ·
I give customers a mug (when appropriate) imprinted with their design, or I imprint a tote bag with their design and fill it with some of their shirt order. It works, as they sometimes say "I never knew you did bags/mugs/fridge magnets" etc. Sometimes I get tshirt orders from a local high school. When possible, I fold and bag each shirt and include a washing instructions sheet personalised with the students own name. The kids like it and it really helps the teachers when they distribute the shirts.
I guess you have to be careful though. I buy stuff on Ebay and once opened a parcel and found a very nice, hand-written thank you note, together with a pack of playing cards. The cards had a hole drilled through them and wreaked of cigarette smoke - which kind of spoiled the whole thing for me.

#22 ·
Every order I get, I ship out with a hand written thank you note, a 15% off coupon and a business card telling them to contact me anytime if they have questions. I also throw in a pack of gummy bears and tell the customer that gummy bears are my favorite candy and I hope that they enjoy them like I do!

If it's a good size order I will throw in a free logo t-shirt.

#27 ·
This is an embroidery based concept but I think it could still be applied in some fashion to screen printing. I worked for a guy who would send a cap for free along with a flat order, or a T shirt along with a cap order with a thank you note. Often the company would like the other application of their logo enough to place an order. Just a thought. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.