T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
i was hoping that i could get some feedback. when you look at my shop, is there anything that stands out that could use improvement? I don't plan on leaving cafepress just yet but i was hoping that some feedback could help increase my sales.

thanks for your help.

Mathew
BurnTees.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rodney said:
Let's give it a bit more than 5 hours :D

Do you have any numbers of your current conversion ratio? Your site looks good overall (easy to navigate, loads pretty fast, etc).

Increasing your sales could come down to just good ol' fashioned advertising and marketing.

I see what you mean now about the ranking buttons. You do have a lot of them. I usually see one or 2, maybe 3. But 9 does seem a bit excessive. I'm not sure if that is hurting your sales at all though. If you think it is negatively effecting your pageload times or conversions, you may want to trim them down to the ones that actually send you decent traffic.

Not sure if it's a temporary cafepress problem or an HTML problem on your side, but your header doesn't seem to be showing up correctly in firefox (see attachement)
comon...5 hours is plenty!

thanks for the response. i recently added a lot of the buttons on the left and i'm going to give them each a chance...get rid of them if they don't bring me traffic.

in regards to the header...that's pretty much how it's supposed to look. do you think it needs to be changed in some way?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can definitely see that point of view. since we use cafepress there's no need to limit what designs we sell because we're not paying for the inventory. part of me agrees with you, but we always end up selling designs that i never think will sell so by only showing what i think are our best designs, i might be taking away future sales. (if that makes sense).

however, as an outside point of view...are there other people who agree with this sentiment?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Solmu said:
He does have his own domain name (burntees.com), it just redirects to CP.

You're right though that framing the site through that, using that URL more, etc. is a good next step.
that's correct...we do advertise as BurnTees.com and that just redirects to CP. is there a reason i should use the burntees.com url more?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Solmu said:
Always a good rationale ;)

So you'd also use specific advertising (i.e. advertise the blue silly fish t-shirt, not the fact that you do silly animal shirts).

Would this make a difference if you were paying per impression or per click-through?

If you're paying for click through you want a specific ad, so that if someone clicks (and therefore costs you money) they're more likely to be a sale.

If you're paying per impression, would you rather use an ad that would appeal to a wider audience in order to have more chance of getting clicked, or still be specific because ultimately they're more likely to click through and sell?

But ultimately the point of branding and traffic is to get sales, so you wouldn't do that at their cost.
i was wondering that as well. any time i've tried google adwords, i was basically trying to advertise BurnTees. you think it's better to advertise a specific design that I'm selling?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was going to start a new thread, found this one that I started forever ago and thought I'd just reply to this...

Once again...the same question. I'm looking to take BurnTees to the next level and I'm looking for advice. In your opinion, does that mean starting to do some local printing and doing some jobs outside of CafePress? Leaving CP all together? Just expanding the site to include more designs and more themes?

What do you think?

Thanks so much for the help.

Mathew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.