T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to reclaim all my screens however there is paint left on my wood frames that seems like it won't come off. I have scrubed it but its still there but when I put my finger on in paint still comes up. Is there anything I van do to clean this part of the frame? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Are you talking about ink being on the actual wood? If so the same stuff (Ink wash/ ink remover) you clean the ink off the mesh with is the same stuff I use to get any ink off the wood frame. Comes right off without a lot of fuss. What are you using to clean the screens?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes on the actual wood frame, im using CCI citrapaste, ER80 emulsion remover, and their haze remover and degresser. thanks

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The citra-paste should get it off without all the scrubbing you described. That is what it is designed for to break up the ink so can't understand why it's not working. I use ink remover from a local shop but I normally take some and wipe it on a cloth and wipe the wood down and all the ink comes off. I never really have a lot as I tape really well to speed clean up. I have never used the ink remover you are using but is it the type that is concentrated and needs to be mixed? If so use it at full strength to see if that works. If it is not the concentrated type, after the frame has dried, try taking a cloth and pour remover on it and wipe the frame down. You may have stains on the frame but it should not be any ink where you touch it and it comes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts