T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
customtee
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a T Shirt Printing Business in the eCommerce industry has recently been simplified so much that almost anyone can do it. Of course, I believe that you need to have a passion for entrepreneurial way of life, which means continuous learning and perfecting your methods. If you want to start T-shirt business, just keep in mind 3 points.

1) You need a decent amount of money to be invested.
2) Be conscious about quality of the product which includes fabric and printing.
3) Last one is that, don't compete with big brands, safe your profit margins first, you will definitely get sales.

There are basically two types of businesses related to t-shirt you can start with,

1) On demand printing: in this case you have to stock good quality plain t-shirt stock and you need a DTG(direct to garment) printer, again it requires a decent investment.
2) Screen printing: you can stock it at least 5 units per design in one size.

· Registered
43 Posts
first list:
1) untrue, can be done professionally without massive investment
2) true, quality control is paramount
3) untrue, you should be mindful that a t-shirt is a t-shirt and you are competing for a limited pool of capital

second list:
1) untrue, see 1 above; and there are many methods to accomplish this, dtg is but one
2) do you mean plastisol transfers? because screen-printing is also on demand

· Registered
customtee
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first list:
1) untrue, can be done professionally without massive investment
2) true, quality control is paramount
3) untrue, you should be mindful that a t-shirt is a t-shirt and you are competing for a limited pool of capital

second list:
1) untrue, see 1 above; and there are many methods to accomplish this, dtg is but one
2) do you mean plastisol transfers? because screen-printing is also on demand
Thanks! I just sharing my thought. you should share your thought not to evaluate if u have really a good knowledge on this topic.

If You are thinking you are master then we welcome your text on "How to Start a T Shirt Printing Business"

· Registered
43 Posts
If You are thinking you are master then we welcome your text

not a master by any stretch, only made my first tee a little over a year ago

but even a simple look at the sub-forums here will reveal a number of options/techniques for producing t-shirts
dtg is but one of these options

a person could literally buy a $0.15 needle and a $0.75 spool of thread and decorate a t-shirt/hat/hoodie
or they could, as you suggest, purchase a $25 000 dtg machine
heck, there is one for sale here for $100 000

does that make me a master for recognizing the myriad of options available?
not really

but to suggest that anyone looking into starting a t-shirt business needs a dtg machine,
and deep pockets is very myopic

let's say someone comes on here with a head and heart full of great ideas, but not flush with cash
they read your post, hang their head and leave feeling like they have just been punched in the gut

they will never venture into the decade of knowledge and wisdom that people have shared here
information that would help them start small and build in the future

you say 'we' like there is more than one of you
do all of you agree with what you posted?

what area of the world are you from where only dtg machines exist?
is it agartha?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.