T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I am seeking advice on how to start selling heat pressed tees with a design given to me by a swim school for a tournament in a month. Specifically how to structure pricing and giving a percentage to the swim school who is hosting the tournament.
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
9,952 Posts
First off, you are not going to press these at the event, right? Believe me it is almost impossible to do this. We did it with a B/M storefront and it was a PITA for an event that was right in front of us. Never again. Second, Who is responsible for inventory? You or the school? If it is you then you are in a lot of trouble. Third, will there be other vendors competing with you? If so you are in even more trouble. Do you get a prime spot or are you stuck out somewhere?

Sales will be probably about 1% of attendance unless you are doing the official shirt of the event and in that case it should be part of the entry fee so you have a number to provide and then sell a few extras as spirit wear at the event.

If you are going to have the booth and be responsible for all of the inventory then $1 or $2 per shirt is more than reasonable. You will have a lot of leftovers.

What you are hoping for is new customers. Having business cards and flyers is more important than selling shirts.

Good Luck, If you can provide more info that would be helpful.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This event is on site at the school hosting it. 7-8 other schools present with 250-300 swimmers.
I will be the only vendor and the spot will be by the entrance to the swim doors. We would have the one main design for transfers ( name of event and schools listed on the backs of the tee- made up in advance for this.
I have been to sporting events such as volleyball tournaments, baseball tournaments with vendors who are on site- always only one vendor usually- Shirts are hung, you go up, pick a shirt, pay them, they have the design in a box ready to press. The vendors table usually have a banner with company name hanging on them.
We buy bulk from one of our suppliers and can return what’s not used for a restocking fee so that part is covered.
The charge for these tees to these events vary from $25-$40 and parents are lined up to buy them for their student as a souvenir to show they participated in the event. This is considered small and should be manageable.? I was just not certain about what to give the school hosting it for a kick back since hey had asked me to sell the tees for them. Hopefully this additional information helps. Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This event is on site at the school hosting it. 7-8 other schools present with 250-300 swimmers.
I will be the only vendor and the spot will be by the entrance to the swim doors. We would have the one main design for transfers ( name of event and schools listed on the backs of the tee- made up in advance for this.
I have been to sporting events such as volleyball tournaments, baseball tournaments with vendors who are on site- always only one vendor usually- Shirts are hung, you go up, pick a shirt, pay them, they have the design in a box ready to press. The vendors table usually have a banner with company name hanging on them.
We buy bulk from one of our suppliers and can return what’s not used for a restocking fee so that part is covered.
The charge for these tees to these events vary from $25-$40 and parents are lined up to buy them for their student as a souvenir to show they participated in the event. This is considered small and should be manageable.? I was just not certain about what to give the school hosting it for a kick back since hey had asked me to sell the tees for them. Hopefully this additional information helps. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.