T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have filled out the online wholesale form twice and emailed american apparel and have not gotten an answer. I have my tax ID number and gave them all of the other information they requested. Do I have to call to get a response? Or are they picky about who can set up an account and will turn me down? I only wanted to screen print on them for resale, is that not the type of client they are approving for an account?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hmm...I wonder if they're having an issue with their web page submittals. That's how I did it a while back and received a response fairly quickly, within a day or so. I think a call is definitely in order.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I also got approved fairly quick. I would give them a call just to make sure it didnt fall thru the cracks. You should not have a problem with getting an account since you are a printer and have a tax id.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I might be wrong but I think last time I checked, you needed to call them to open an account.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
They are picky, but you should have got a response. First I'd check spam filters, if that doesn't turn anything up I'd recommend calling too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They actually denied my application. I wanted to buy their tees, have a screenprinter print on them (I was not doing this myself), and they said no. See below.

Thank you for your interest in American Apparel.

In reviewing your request for access to our wholesale price list, I must let you know you do not qualify. American Apparel limits access and sales only to the following type of established companies for resale:

· Advertising Specialty Companies

· Embellishing companies (such as screen printers or embroiderers, etc.)

Alternately, you may have your embellisher contact us for the wholesale price list or contact one of our distributors:

US Distributors - Wholesale Resources - American Apparel

Cheers!

Denise Ramirez
American Apparel
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The reason they denied your account is that you have to be a embelisher your self. They dont sell to anyone who is not doing the printing themselves, in that case they would want the printer to buy the garments. There are other places that sell american apparel that might be a little easier to buy from such as TSC apparel, as long as you have a tax id number.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The reason they denied your account is that you have to be a embelisher your self. They dont sell to anyone who is not doing the printing themselves, in that case they would want the printer to buy the garments. There are other places that sell american apparel that might be a little easier to buy from such as TSC apparel, as long as you have a tax id number.

TSC is indeed my distributor and I'm very happy with them to date

·
Registered
2 Posts
Q, If you dont mind could you please tell me how much the AA (model 2001) colors t's cost from TSC and what their minimums are?

Thanks,

Javier

·
Registered
2 Posts
No problem, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes around here.

I am in the very early stages of starting my t-shirt company. I'm trying to do as much research as possible and would like to be as accurate as possible in estimating my costs. This has been a little tricky to do since most wholesalers require you to register before they will give you their pricing matrix. The same goes with the printers. I'm leaning towards the AA 2001 blanks right now but I'm open to other similar alternatives.

How did you guys go about estimating costs before actually diving into the business? Any tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Q is right, we dont allow posting the wholesale pricing of companies here, as they are kept private by the companies. The reason for this is that if they are made public and customer can come and check what you are paying for your blanks, and then try to get a lower cost from you. Its really to not only protect the wholesaler but the printer as well. I would think that if you call them they will give you the pricing over the phone or at least give you an idea of what the costs are. Hope this helps to explain :)

Reactions: marcelolopez
1 - 13 of 13 Posts