T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new to the sublimation business, but I really really like it and really really want to get into it and do a good job. I am working on just developping a few samples to show around. I have already purchased all the material that I need. However I am not sure what resolution to use to obtain the best print, and not waste ink or paper. I am using a epson workforce 30 printer. can anyone help????? I am looking to start asap.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi joce, it isn't really the printer that controls the resolution, it is the artwork. A printer can have a draft, normal, fine and super fine type setting, but that is not usually how you control print quality in sublimation. Normally you would have what is called an ICC profile for the printer that is setup for a particular ink and release paper. If you are using Sawgrass inks, you should be able to get an ICC profile for your printer from your distributor.

Also, as I mentioned it is really the artwork its self that controls the true resolution of the print. You will want your artwork to be a 300 dpi/ppi at full printing size if you are using raster (bitmap) artwork. 200 dpi minimum. If you have low resolution artwork to start, a super fine print setting on the printer will not make it look good.

Welcome to the forum and spend some time here searching and reading about sublimation. You will find tons of very valuable information on the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts