T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a local storefront which does silkscreen but no embroidery. Any tips on how to approach to sell my embroidery services as a subcontractor? :confused:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Walk up and talk to the owner....lol. What do you think you can provide that he already isn't doing? Prior to any sales pitch make sure you have identified the following:
(1) Opportunity: Is something that you see.
(2) Need: Is something your potential partner, customer, etc. is willing to acknowledge that they need. For example, let's say you tell him you can increase his production rate by X, and perhaps save him Y, which is less than he's producing his products for now. Also, perhaps you could team up with him to purchase various inventory, thereby reducing cost across the board.

Once you have identified two (2) needs you have a 68% chance of closing the deal, so basically don't talk yourself out of the deal at that point.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Show samples and provide wholesale pricing and turnaround time and suggest retail pricing (what their profit would be). Simplify the ordering process. I've had a few screen printers tell me that they'd like to offer embroidery because they get requests from customers but the're afraid that's its too time consuming and confusing. Encourage them to set a minimum that is profitable for them, have them order garments from only one vendor and place like orders (same color shirt with same colo logo on each shirt).

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I agree, just walk in. I do everything but embroidery but I needed a jacket done and went to a local embroiderer and then we talked and he does not offer screen printing or dtg so I do all of those items for him and he is able to now offer more services to his customers as well, I was glad I went to talk to him because he has given me quite a bit of business.

Just do it, it cànnot hurt and I bet you find they will be glad you stopped by. It can be win win for both of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts