T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need some advice. If I wanted to go through a company to produce and print some designs for me. (its a non-US company). How to tell if the company is legitimate?That its not out there to con me.thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
You need to provide more details in your request for assistance.

WHERE are you?
WHAT COUNTRY will you be contracting out work to?
Are you using a MIDDLE MAN to bid out your work?
QUANTITY?

Have you tried that country's trade office for assistance?

I've never done this nor do I have a need to.
Have you not found the price points for producing designs in your country?

Susan H.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think one way might be to get some letter of references from the company and then contact those references by phone to find out about their experience working with the manufacturer.

You can do some googling to see if you can find information about the company name, customer experiences, references to them, etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you can also try to contact the u.s. embassy in the country you plan to do business with. to my knowledge, the u.s embassies in various countries have a business division that keeps statistics and other vital info on foreign companies that want to do business with u.s companies. since most overseas companies like the idea of foreign trade, i am sure that they would keep their local u.s embassy up to date as to what they are doing. also you can obtain what is called a "world traders data report" on the company you want to do biz with. these reports come from the u.s foreign commercial service, under the u.s commerce department.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=escrow

You give the payment to a third part company like escrow.com . The supplier ships the goods. When you reciev the goods you go to the escrow company and tell them that everything is cool, and then they send the payment to the supplier. If the goods dont come or are wrong, you tell the escrow company, and the supplier doesnt get paid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts