T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using channels to save color separations with both color range and with Magic wand. I can print any of the channels but I want to send the individual channels to Vector Magic to clean up the design. But I have to have them saved as JPG, GIF, or TIF, but I can't seem to save any of the channels for post separation. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Make sure you design is flattened to one background layer. Go to the channels pallette- hit the little arrow on the top right hand corner of the channels pallet for more options- hit split channels. Save the channels you need to any format.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing your expertise and your suggestion worked just fine. It saves me a lot of frustration. Again, Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Make MODE > CMYK.
2. Flatten the image and go to channels.
3. Click the icon right above and click split channels
(it will now create 4 grayscale CMYK windows).
4. You may go with the 1st window, the CYAN. Convert it to MODE > CMYK.
5. Go to LAYERS. Create a new fill layer with CYAN color on top and click the blending mode to SCREEN.
6. Do the same with the rest (MYK).

Note: Same procedure with RGB.

Hope this helps.
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Some Photoshop version like CS2 does not allow to Split Channels unless the CMYK image mode is converted to Multichannel first. If that is the case do the following:

1) Convert the image mode to CMYK
2) Convert the image mode to Multichannel
3) Click the Channels tab option button
4) Click Split Channels
5) Save each channel to desired file format.

Each channel will be grayscale. If they are not labeled with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and black in the document names the order is as follows Channel 1 is Cyan, Channel 2 is Magenta, channel 3 is yellow and channel 4 is Black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts