T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,906 Posts
What software are you using? I use coreldraw and you have to go to the corel raster program and cut out the image you want to keep and then put it back into the vector corel and go from there. I don't know how to do it in adobe or any other raster program.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
We want customer like that to come in a png with a transparent background. Otherwise we walk them.

Reactions: lben

· Registered
3,906 Posts
I am using Photoshop. The image is customer art. I will post a similar image
So much for clipping that one out. I'd send it back and tell them they need a transparent background. I don't know enough about graphic design to begin with, but I don't think that would be possible to do. I could be wrong. Probably am. I'll leave that one up to the experts.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
We would use the Knock Me Black Out plugin. Then create a new layer below it to replace any black we want to keep. This is usually about a 5-10 minute job. We do these all the time.

Another method is to use another plugin called Fluid Mask 3.
How is the knock me black out plugin better than the select "colour range" in the drop down menu? That takes about 2 clicks and is adjustable.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Yes - which is what the other poster said the plugin does.

Then they add in a new layer underneath and add in black where it is needed.

Sounds the same as using the color range tool, except the colour range tool is free. So the plugin suggested must do something else, or it's pointless IMHO.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
I'd be looking to see if the image is in layers and try to switch off the black. If not, I would go back to the customer and ask for the original unflattened artwork from the designer, or get it resent to you with the transparent background referred to above

· Registered
2,105 Posts
We've never tried using the color range in photoshop. Don't know much about it. The Knock Me Black Out plugin was included in our Signlab sign making software. I just copied them to the photoshop plugins folder.
Try it! Select colour range, then you can eye drop any colour. Then use the slidebar to select the amount you need.

Or if there is no shading, just use the magic wand and select a colour directly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.