T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have an image to print on a black t-shirt with DTG.
I want to use photoshop to remove all the black area/backround so it only prints the colors. i was told to use rasterize.
does anyone have a link on how to rasterize the image.

I use to have a linkon how to do it but lost it.

pls have.
thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Rasterizing doesn't remove any colors.
When you open your image in Photoshop (which is a raster program), right click and in the window that opens, you will see "rasterize image" in the list. If it's not selectable, then your image is raster, if you can select 'rasterize image' , simply click on that and it's rasterized.
Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not sure the original suggestion is correct.

What sort of file is the original image from which you wish to remove the black? Is it vector? If it isn't, it is already rasterized.

If it is vector, it is easiest to remove the black I would think, as you can possibly just delete it.

Otherwise, if you still want to rasterize the vector to remove the black, you can follow the instructions said above by Celtic.

Cheers,
Steph

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
What printer are you using? If the image is going onto a black garment and it has a black background on it most RIP's used with DTG printers can handle that for you automatically. Our machines will automatically remove all black pixels and turn them transparent if I tell the RIP that it is going onto a black garment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, you're kind of asking a different question for DTG and design. In the design world, rastering an image is converting it to individual pixels, which is how Photoshop, for the most part, handles images. In the design world like DTG, toner printing, and DTF, rasterizing an image refers to the act of creating negative space in an image to allow the substrate color to show through and provide better washability. This is mostly done with images that contain black and are pressed or printed on black shirts.

To answer the original question, there really is no easy way to do it in PS, although it CAN be done through half-toning and working through several steps. Using a RIP software such as Digital Factory, Forever Transfer RIP, or some proprietary RIP software is really your best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts