T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
That sounds a low to me. Do I understand you correctly that you're printing in 4 locations?

I'm trying to figure out how your cost per jersey is $8.72.

Of course you want the job, but don't undercut yourself...make the profit you need to make on it. And be sure to consider all the costs involved, including your labor, and your credit card merchant fees if they are paying by credit card.

It isn't necessarily good to just compare prices, and undercut the competitor to get the job. If you're not making a profit, and gaining a customer, why bother?

·
Registered
721 Posts
So then, if your total cost per piece is $8.72, then mulitplying by 2 would be the norm; that would give you a per piece price of $17.44.

However, since it's such a large quantity, you're right in reducing that.

What you might considering doing is writing up the proposal at say $17.50 each, then giving a discount to make them $15.25 each. Just somehow show that you are giving consideration to the fact that it's a large order.

FYI - I always charge a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at the time of order -- I state this on the proposal.

You could also consider giving an additional $100 discount if they pay in full at the time of the order, or pay by check instead of credit card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.