T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i need help jiji

i have a customer that wants me to quote him on 400 reversible jerseys for a basketball team not I'm having all the plastisol transfers done and I'm getting the jerseys from badger so i added everything and it all comes down too 8.72 per shirt i want to offer a very tempting price because i want this contract so is 15.26 ok? i have no idea how much this guys pay for a reversible jerseys printed on all 4 sides what do you guys think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also having no idea what a good price would be for quoting reversible jerseys i would say call up other local business asking for a quote of your customers exact order compare the prices you get and either beat the lowest competitor or match it and give the customer incentives to use you......hope this helps its something I would try :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
That sounds a low to me. Do I understand you correctly that you're printing in 4 locations?

I'm trying to figure out how your cost per jersey is $8.72.

Of course you want the job, but don't undercut yourself...make the profit you need to make on it. And be sure to consider all the costs involved, including your labor, and your credit card merchant fees if they are paying by credit card.

It isn't necessarily good to just compare prices, and undercut the competitor to get the job. If you're not making a profit, and gaining a customer, why bother?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sounds a low to me. Do I understand you correctly that you're printing in 4 locations?

I'm trying to figure out how your cost per jersey is $8.72.

Of course you want the job, but don't undercut yourself...make the profit you need to make on it. And be sure to consider all the costs involved, including your labor, and your credit card merchant fees if they are paying by credit card.

It isn't necessarily good to just compare prices, and undercut the competitor to get the job. If you're not making a profit, and gaining a customer, why bother?
profit is always very important in an instant u wanna make sure the job is worth your time...thanks for pointing that out dechez as i forgot.....and i must have over looked ur cost of 8.72 to print on all sides of a reversible jerseys....its costs me about that to print on like 2 sides single

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't know what you mean by printing in 4 locations? i'm printing in my house, i'm just getting everything done from another company for example

from transferfreedom i'm getting the numbers and the front logo, the name and number and since we are talking about 1150 prints prices go down anf i founf the jerseys from badgers at around 6.50, now i'm worried maybe i didn't calculated everything right i'm checking again thank you so much guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
i don't know what you mean by printing in 4 locations? i'm printing in my house, i'm just getting everything done from another company for example

from transferfreedom i'm getting the numbers and the front logo, the name and number and since we are talking about 1150 prints prices go down anf i founf the jerseys from badgers at around 6.50, now i'm worried maybe i didn't calculated everything right i'm checking again thank you so much guys
He is printing on front and back of jersey= 2 sides...then flip it inside out cause they are reversible and print on front and back again= 4 sides/locations

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh! sorry!! jajaja i get it now it is 4 locations how much do people regularly spend on making a jersey printed in 4 locations? i did the math again in it looks ok to me my profit would be about 75% the only thing i didn't add in was the labor which i will thank you so much

·
Registered
721 Posts
So then, if your total cost per piece is $8.72, then mulitplying by 2 would be the norm; that would give you a per piece price of $17.44.

However, since it's such a large quantity, you're right in reducing that.

What you might considering doing is writing up the proposal at say $17.50 each, then giving a discount to make them $15.25 each. Just somehow show that you are giving consideration to the fact that it's a large order.

FYI - I always charge a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at the time of order -- I state this on the proposal.

You could also consider giving an additional $100 discount if they pay in full at the time of the order, or pay by check instead of credit card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts