T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks, I am new to screen printing and was wondering what the best way to print the shirt for my business would be, I Have a 4 color silver screen press
Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sam, that is kind of a strange question to me. If you have a four color Silver press, it seems you will be screen printing!

Are you asking more about the actual screen printing process? Depending on the artwork and garment color, typically you would print an underbase if a dark color garment, and then you get three colors to print the actual artwork. If on a light garment, you can use all four colors for the artwork since you will not need and underbase.

Ryonet, the people who make the Silver press, have lots of online videos and training DVDs to get you started.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was wondering on the actual printing of it, I am new to screen printing, I run a full service sign shop and just recently added screen printing I figured I would try 4 color process on my own stuff before a customer requests it

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
4 color process is quite a thing to try and tackle right of the bat. I am also not sure a Silver Press is up to the task. It requires super tight registration that I am not sure the Silver Press can achieve. 4 color process is usually done on automatic presses so the squeegee wipe is consistent giving consistent colors in a process print. Also, you will be limited to light color shirts since you do not have enough print heads for an underbase using that process.

With that press you will be able to do some very nice spot color shirts. And if your exposure unit is decent, you can also do some very nice things with halftones in the prints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts