T-Shirt Forums banner

How to print this(multiple print locations)...

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  syl 
#1 ·
I have a shirt I would like to print, but I am not sure the best way of going about it. The problem is, the entire logo as a whole, from grass to balloons would be bigger than the screen size. I was thinking multiple screens would be possible but thats also costly. I am open to other printing techniques but I'd like to maintain the high quality print that screen printing provides.

If anyone has any printers that they would like to recommend for this I'd really appreciate that as well. Will be using American Apparel t-shirts.

Sorry for my spelling/grammar english is not my strongest language.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You would likely need separate sets of screens for both locations. Not necessarily because of the size of the image. You could always get oversized screens and platens. The real problem is printing on different sizes of shirts.

Consider this...if you set the job up to print on extra large shirts so that the chest area and bottom portion of the image consistently print in roughly the same place, it would be impossible to get those same screens to work for small or XXXL sizes. The physical print areas of the shirts are totally different.

Make sense?

Mike

#4 ·
Yup, 5 total screens, 2 different prints in order to do multiple sizes. I'd modify the platten for the bottom print, tack down a piece of polytag or something similar with an open area at the bottom. Bring the hem to of the shirt to the edge of the polytag, and it'll be virtually flat, making registration and printing pretty easy over the bottom hem. Done that before, simple, cheap, effective fix.

#6 ·
Yeah, that would be sort of an issue, depending on size range. If the shirts have no side seams, you could make it (platten and print) slightly wider than the shirts width so it stretches a little further than the front, then overprint on the back. Looks like a repeating pattern, so an overlap wouldn't look too stupid and would be placed near the sides, so less visible. Print the back first so you don't see the overlap on front.

Good point, the ones I've done before over the bottom seam were not continuous all the way around.

#8 ·
Hi, I can do this T-shirt for you. I would do the separate screens on top and bottom, and hemming the T-shirt is the last step. I would cut the T-shirts, print, and sew it as the last step. My quality is similar to American Apparel. Send me a swatch or let me know the fabric construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.