T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!..newbie here. Anybody who have read the book How to Print T-shirt for Fun and Profit by Scott & Pat Fresener ? can i ask your comment on this book..i'm planning to buy this book but i wanna hear some user/s advise.

'hope to hear from you guys. many thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The author of the book is well-regarded. I believe there are some reviews on Amazon. I think they sell his materials at either screenprinters.net or screenweb.com. Also suggested is Cindy's book found at personalizedsupplies.com

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
I'd have to say Scott is a pretty good guy. He gave an autographed copy of his book to our 1000th member :)

Many people recommended it for people starting out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I own the book. I purchased it when i first started back in the late 1990's. It had mostly screenprinted information and I did digital garments but i still found it beneficial.

My husband and I even built one of the screenprinting presses in the book and used it for a job. We ended up selling the book to someone on the usscreen board since we were not going to pre-sue screenprinting but later purchased it again when they added more "digital" information in it.

I should add I learned almost everything about t-shirts from scott and that book. We have sold hundreds of pre-printed stock transfers at our local mall and from our website. We got the information of sources, etc. from the "T-shirt From Profit" book.

It's informative and I think you will be pleased.

Signed,
printchic

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Not having read it, my biggest concern with this book is that it would be either,

1) Too basic to be of use unless you're a newbie,
2) Too out of date.

Has anyone bought and read it recently and have an opinion on how it is in that regard?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Solmu said:
Not having read it, my biggest concern with this book is that it would be either,

1) Too basic to be of use unless you're a newbie,
2) Too out of date.

Has anyone bought and read it recently and have an opinion on how it is in that regard?
I just picked up the book from my library. It is the 1994 issue. Despite some information being old, I have found the book very informative.

I will never open a silkscreen shop but just reading the hints, trial and error
has been helpful. The 1994 book has sample forms, layout for a screen print shop, how to make your own screens, explanations about inks and much more.

I'd be interested to see what updates have been made. I can understand your concern as the copy from Amazon is copyright 2000 and $40.00 is a lot in my opinion. It is very detailed and thorough. You are talking about liability, proper ventilation etc. besides fabric mesh. Lots of illustrations and photos.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Thanks - sounds like it could be worthwhile. I guess I'll start by seeing if a local library has a copy.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The last update of the book was May 2008. I got it for $39 from screenprinters.net when it hit the market and if it was updated I hate to see what was in it before. This book is of use only to a complete newbie. (IMO)

Katrina

1 - 19 of 19 Posts