T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a bunch of blank white koozies I plan on printing on. My question is, has anyone diene it on a t jet? And how did you secure the koozie to the platen?
I did this probably about 7 years ago on a tjet 2. I held it down with masking tape. It was on the koozies that have seams on the sides so you could flatten them down rather then the foam ones. Before printing I had to create a template in fast artist so I knew where exactly the art would print at.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thanks. That was my plan. I have the "baby t shirt" platen. So I it fits nice, I can tape it down easily on that. I have created the template already too. Thanks for the answer

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worked like a charm. Burned a koozie or 2 before I realized, the poly pretreat absorbs into the foam under the outer poly layer. So I had to be sure to allow enough time to dry

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On another note, one customer wanted their website on the bottom of the koozie.... People find any possible way to make a simple job more difficult.
Well I was perplexed on how to get it on a platen. And it dawned on me... Put the koozie on a full (unopened) can, turn it upside down and you have a koozie platen. If you want to print on the bottom anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.