T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have never done this before so please bare with me.
If I want to print my own transfers I just print them on my printer (epson r1800 which uses pigment ink) onto transfer paper (don't have any yet, any suggestions?) and then use a heat press to transfer them onto a t-shirt? Am I on the right track? :confused:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Re: How to...

If I want to print my own transfers I just print them on my printer (epson r1800 which uses pigment ink) onto transfer paper (don't have any yet, any suggestions?) and then use a heat press to transfer them onto a t-shirt? Am I on the right track? :confused:
Yup, that's pretty much it. Try some JetPro SofStretch (a.k.a. JPSS) ... I think you'll really like it.

·
Registered
229 Posts

Yup, that's pretty much it. Try some JetPro SofStretch (a.k.a. JPSS) ... I think you'll really like it.
Only for lights though. If the member is new, they won't know that. You'll need something different for your dark shirts.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

You're right, I wouldn't have known that. Can anyone suggest a good transfer paper for darks?
I believe Alpha Gold and Iron All for Darks are two that people are happy with, but since I don't actually use either you should probably try to verify that by searching through some threads. I know there are a couple of recent ones floating around about both of these papers.

Another thing with the transfers for darks is that they are opaque – meaning if you don't completely trim around the design there will be white.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When you print the design on the transfer paper for lights you have to reflect the image so it prints on the transfer paper backwards. As someone already suggested JPSS for lights is good. For darks it's not too bad. I tried Iron All for darks and had problems with it so my next try is going to be Alpha Gold. You might want to get small sample packs and see what you like better.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeap try the sample pack from Coastal Buisness Supplies and see what works for you it's like $20 bucks and in the sample pack it has the jpss and ironall. Goodluck

The vendors website is on the left side of your screen .

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Search the forum for JPSS or JetPro Softstretch for alot of tips on using the paper such as hot peel vs. cold peel techniques..etc. Lots in info on that paper as well as the IronAll for darks.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Lisa,

I'd suggest TShirtSupplies.com or New Milford Photo for a Jetpro Sofstretch supplier. Both have very good prices. I believe they both have sample packs.

For dark shirts: NMP carries Ironall Dark, and TSS has the Alpha Gold paper under the name of JetWear.

Here's a post on how to heat press, step by step for you, info on removing moisture, etc:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t39007.html#post229735

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Lisa,

I'd suggest TShirtSupplies.com or New Milford Photo for a Jetpro Sofstretch supplier. Both have very good prices. I believe they both have sample packs.

For dark shirts: NMP carries Ironall Dark, and TSS has the Alpha Gold paper under the name of JetWear.

http://
Wow, much better prices! Thanks a bunch, Kelly.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts