T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this question belongs in the general section of this forum...

hello everyone... I am sure this is going to sound like a dumb question.. but I am new to the forum. My question is... what is the best method for printing shirts so that you do not feel it? I have researched the web for a week and I still have not found a definitive answer to this question. I have done screenprinting in the past... and all I can remember is the shiny look and feel of the print. I want my ink to look like it is part of the shirt. Not to beat the name into the ground.. but I recently received an Ed Hardy shirt for a gift. I know it was expensive.. but looking at the shirt.. the ink is just the way I would like to have it. Does anyone know what the process is to obtain that look? Is it DTG? Is it screenprint w/ water based ink? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone does know what technology it is... do you know where I can go in Florida (preferably North Florida) to have some work done? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Water based screen printing and DTG could both give that effect as well. You could find the companies that sell the DTG machines and see if they have in customers in your area that do printing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks...nice video and very informative =) I enjoyed it and the shirt turned out really nice.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
roxy923 said:
what is the best method for printing shirts so that you do not feel it?
Dye sublimation, DTG, or screenprinting (but not with standard plastisol inks). Other methods can also produce a soft hand, but those are the softest.

Dye sublimation will give you the least hand of any print method, but only bonds with non-natural fibres (i.e. polyester).

roxy923 said:
I recently received an Ed Hardy shirt for a gift. [...] Does anyone know what the process is to obtain that look? Is it DTG? Is it screenprint w/ water based ink?
Almost certainly screenprinting, with either waterbased inks or disperse dyes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts