T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer that has asked me to quote a tee shirt order.

one color logo on a white or ash gray Beefy T,

2500 pc / 5000 / 10,000

Just wanted to know what would be a fair price?

I have done a couple of 1,000 pc orders before, but not one this large.

I would like to do the job, but not for free.

I would like to know how you guys would price this.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Administrator
14,193 Posts
What will be your cost (materials, supplies, labor, wear/tear on equipment, utilities, etc.)?

Where are you located. What hourly wage + benefits do you pay your employees?

Your totals for all of this will be different than mine or someone else. Someone who gives you a number will, in all likelihood, be either too high or too low based on your individual circumstances.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
2500 pc / 5000 / 10,000
99/100x this will end one of two ways... you'll never hear from them again because you're being price shopped; or they'll go with 2,500 but aggravate you to death to give them the 10,000 price with promises of doing 7,500 more at a later date (which will never happen).

Every time someone asks me for a ridiculous quote like that I ask them what will determine whether they do 2500 or 10,000 and if their answer isn't solid I blow them off.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
99/100x this will end one of two ways... you'll never hear from them again because you're being price shopped; or they'll go with 2,500 but aggravate you to death to give them the 10,000 price with promises of doing 7,500 more at a later date (which will never happen).

Every time someone asks me for a ridiculous quote like that I ask them what will determine whether they do 2500 or 10,000 and if their answer isn't solid I blow them off.
...:D all that you posted is so true.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree with Rick and Lucy. I think they will most likely be price shoppers or try to get you to give them the higher volume price for the lower quantity. I always tell my customers that my prices are non negotiable for my protection and theirs. I explain I need to make a profit to stay in business and prices are set in stone so all customers are assured they pay the same price. I take all quote serious and would never ignore a potential customer. I nevr do work on a promise of getting a bigger order later on. I encourage you to take a strong stance and never negotiate on your price. This will save you many issues in the future. If you negotiate a price today, they will expect it every time. .... JB

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I told them I would have a price by the end of the week.

You make a good point if the customer wanting the 10000 pc price and taking only 2500 to start with.

I thought that I would price the job at 2000+ pc's at one price, and let the customer decide on how many they want.

I'm to old to be playing games on pricing..... although this customer could do 5000 pc's with out any problems.

Still can not decide on what to price a beefy tee w/one color logo. The shirt is about $2.25, with a med. size logo.

I think I would price the job of 2000+ shirts at $5.25.

Does this sound high or low or in the ball park?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
175 Posts
5.25 is a little high for 2000pcs on a white shirt one color, if you can get the job go for it.
I hope you get it. LaTonya

·
Administrator
14,193 Posts
I told them I would have a price by the end of the week.

You make a good point if the customer wanting the 10000 pc price and taking only 2500 to start with.

I thought that I would price the job at 2000+ pc's at one price, and let the customer decide on how many they want.

I'm to old to be playing games on pricing..... although this customer could do 5000 pc's with out any problems.

Still can not decide on what to price a beefy tee w/one color logo. The shirt is about $2.25, with a med. size logo.

I think I would price the job of 2000+ shirts at $5.25.

Does this sound high or low or in the ball park?

Our 2000 piece price is 80 cents each for 1 color on lights. But again, that price is based on what our cost is to print this number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts