T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to knock off some totes for a customer. I used 2 different types of transfer for each bag. Hot peel and opaque. I thought it might be a good idea to record my process for others to see. I am posting the link to show the pictures here but in case Rodney :rolleyes: removes it :mad: then email me or send me a private message and I will send you the link.. www.ljrobin.com/photos.htm
This is here just to help and educate and have a few laughs also.. :) Badalou

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I've moved this out of the forums because of our no self promotional linking policy. I know it's educational, but it still links to your website and it would open the door to other people linking to their websites for varied reasons.

As I've said before, you are more than welcome to change one of the links in your signature to point to a page on your site that contains your helpful tips/photos/videos/etc. That way people can follow the link naturally when they read your posts (that doesn't mean make a post saying check out the link in my signature or PM me for the link...that goes back to being self promotion).

I think the tote bag printing photos are a good and helpful idea, however, they are still self promotional links since they link back to your own site.

Alternatively, you could post the full tutorial here at the forums. I could probably include it in the T-Shirt Articles section if you like.

I know you're trying to be helpful (and you defintely are), but even the helpful stuff has to fit in the forum guidelines :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
I've moved this out of the forums because of our no self promotional linking policy. I know it's educational, but it still links to your website and it would open the door to other people linking to their websites for varied reasons.

As I've said before, you are more than welcome to change one of the links in your signature to point to a page on your site that contains your helpful tips/photos/videos/etc. That way people can follow the link naturally when they read your posts (that doesn't mean make a post saying check out the link in my signature or PM me for the link...that goes back to being self promotion).

I think the tote bag printing photos are a good and helpful idea, however, they are still self promotional links since they link back to your own site.

Alternatively, you could post the full tutorial here at the forums. I could probably include it in the T-Shirt Articles section if you like.

I know you're trying to be helpful (and you defintely are), but even the helpful

stuff has to fit in the forum guidelines :)
Yeah, I knew it. If you knew the number of emails I get from people that want to know how to do this. Sure go ahead and redo and place it where you suggested

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
If you knew the number of emails I get from people that want to know how to do this.
That's why you should put the information in your signature! That way you won't have to worry about people emailing you because it will be on all your posts.

Is there a reason you don't want to put a link to the tutorial page on your site in your signature?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts