T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought working Epson 3880 printer that I wanna keep for parts for my Neoflex 2
What is the best way to preserve the printhead ?
Should I flush it with something ? puch air thru it ?
What is the best way to keep it ?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
What I do is flush the print head, first with cleaning solution, and then with diluted cleaning solution (cleaning solution + distilled water). Once completely clear, I push the water out with an empty syringe, and leave it somewhere warm to dry.

Some people recommend to leave the cleaning solution in the print-head, but I don't like the idea. I prefer to clean it well, and let it dry. No problems so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,

Propylene glycol is good for removing moisture in the print head, in fact FDA has approved for use in foods - ugh sounds yummy LOL.

So, flush out head, remove ALL ink residue - keep moisture away from connectors. Then fill with the
glycol - gentle pressure from syringe until you see glycol coming out of nozzles. I like to put a small
piece of cloth over the print head area for protection - use tape to secure, not to head! Then place
in plastic bag/box with desiccant packet to keep moisture at a minimum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Propylene glycol is good for removing moisture in the print head, in fact FDA has approved for use in foods - ugh sounds yummy LOL.

So, flush out head, remove ALL ink residue - keep moisture away from connectors. Then fill with the
glycol - gentle pressure from syringe until you see glycol coming out of nozzles. I like to put a small
piece of cloth over the print head area for protection - use tape to secure, not to head! Then place
in plastic bag/box with desiccant packet to keep moisture at a minimum.
Can "NeoFlex Conditioner" be used instead of Propylene glycol ?
I was told that this is the same thing ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.