T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am printing som left chest logos on gray with white ink, and the problem I am having is that it prints too quick - if the white has a little time to set up the print looks great- if it prints right after the white it is always splotchy.

sometimes I can just hit pause on the printer for about a minute and resume - looks great- but most of the time when I hit pause then restart - the print is out of register ( see pic) --

so my question is is there a simple way to make a delay between the white and color? rip or otherwise?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
along these same lines - the image that printed out of register looked fine with only a highlight white -- so I went in and changed underbase to 0% and the image printed exactly the same as with it at 100%- I have suspected that changing these values did very little but I did not expect it to be the same -- what am I missing as far as these settings?

·
Registered
157 Posts
On the transport, there is an option to turn off auto repeat.

Functions > Stand by > "Auto Repeat" > Up=On Down=Off

I think auto repeat is number 5 (or 6)? Can't remember at the top of my head...

That's what I use when I have to do only one print... which is quite often...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've never actually tried printing 0% underbase, but it made a difference when I did 90%.

I'm not sure why you are getting the same result, but when I just ripped a random image at 0%, it shows that it didn't use any white ink.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
you can also rip the file and then right click on the file and select "print selection". uncheck the "color layer 1" option and it will only print the white layer. once that has dried, then uncheck "white underbase" and check "color layer 1". this sounds like a lot, but it's really easy to do.

the other thing you can do is click the "print settings" button (printer with wrench), click "properties", then "device options". here you will see a section titled "Dry Time". changing the "per scan" will change how much time passes between each pass of the printhead. changing "before reprint" will change how long the printer waits to print the color layer. you might play with these settings in case i'm not completely accurate. changing the settings at the base might be easier, since you control when the base comes back to print.

regarding the white underbase, i have experience the same thing. i've noticed no change between 100% underbase and say 20% underbase. maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

i think this is the most "" i've ever used in a post. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is really strange...

Attached is a printscreen of different rips..

As you can see, the one highlighted shows that it used 0 white ink...

I've never printed at 0%, but I've printed few at different percentages and I definitely see a difference. I'm no expert in the software, so maybe you need to give AA a call.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, I just tried this and it worked great -- as far as the rip, and underbase percentage, maybe there is a wasy I am changing it and for some reason , it does not re-rep- I will investigate after hours on this

·
Registered
157 Posts
From my experience, the green fish on your image will not look the same without white underbase. Some of the darks areas in the heather gray shirts will show through, no?

along these same lines - the image that printed out of register looked fine with only a highlight white -- so I went in and changed underbase to 0% and the image printed exactly the same as with it at 100%- I have suspected that changing these values did very little but I did not expect it to be the same -- what am I missing as far as these settings?

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you want to print without a white underbase but still use the highlight function to fill in the white. I believe you would get a better printing as if your were printing a white garment. The saturation will be there as well as the highlight. To do so you need to add the highlight channel as Channel Based.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.