T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hello my name is sami and i live in florida

i am thinking about getting into the t-shirt business cuz i used to work in warehouse for clothes and accessories

i hated my boss making profits off so i want to do the same

i would like to start my own business but how do i patent the name of business? like make up name then end with enterprises or corps or etc

ex. tommy hilfiger or prada you get the idea

i have some contacts with t-shirts and accessories distributors

i have ideas i would like to sell t-shirts but i need a license

how do i do that? where do i apply for one? where do i apply for trademark or patent?

any feedback or help would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aokusman said:
You cant patent your name, you have to trademark it. I just did mine. I can give you more info.
aokusman thanks for the reply

no course not i am not trying to trademark or patent my name i have an idea of name what i want it to be patented you see

what i want to know is how i am going to patent? where do i apply one?

please tell me more info.

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
monkeylantern said:
Filing under the Madrid Protocol isn't really an option for a small business. You are not automatically covered under the member countries: there is a fee per country. You're still talking thousands of dollars. I'm not sure it's worth the effort (at least until you're established).
yeah you are right for now i would like to focused on a small thing and if i am lucky enough to be established and well known then who knows?

right now i am looking to get into the t-shirts and accessories business

from there how do i am going to do that is beyond me so that's why i am here to get help from you guys and point me to any direction that would help me to get into the business and apply for license

i will see to that tomorrow and see what happens i will continue research

thanks for your help

sami

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.